One of the best ways to exercise in your daily life as you commute is biking. Since you are involved in multiple activities such as going to work, college, or even for casual use and you want to keep time; then this can be a healthier way to do it. Fixed-gear bikes or fixies have become popular due to their efficiency and simple design.
What you will love about this bike is that it comes with fewer parts, so you are assured of speed and convenience. You can consider a single-speed fixed gear bike for commuting as it is functional and affordable. Here is a comprehensive review to help you out.
Our 5 Favorite Single Speed Bike
What Is a Single Speed Bike
A single-speed bicycle there is only one gear, these bicycles are among the most simple of bicycles because they don’t require derailleurs, shifters, double- or triple-chainring cranksets that will get you to and from class for your whole college career because there are far fewer parts to repair or replace.
What is a fixie bike
“Fixie” is short for “fixed gear”, which is a slang term for bicycles that have drivetrains with one gear that’s fixed to the rear wheel. As a general rule, fixed gear bikes are single-speed.
What is a flip-flop hub
There is a single cog on either side of the hub, contain a freewheel, meaning it allows you to coast without moving your legs. The other side is a fixed cog, the rear wheel would drive the pedals around when you stop pedaling.
Perhaps riding fixed can be something to work up to or perhaps it’s not for you at all. Feature with a flip-flop hub on your bike, you can remove the rear wheel(S-to-N), flip it around(N-to-S), and re-install it. Coasting or not, it’s entirely your choice.
Generally speaking, almost all of the single speed bicycles are equipped with the flip-flop hub.
Single-Speed Vs Fixed Gear
Simply put, single speed can coast, fixie cannot. Fixie bikes without freewheel so that must continue pedaling whenever the bike’s moving, generally relying on the pedals backward pressure to control their stop.
Fixed gear not so good in rush hour traffic, but great for a closed environment, track or velodrome. For fixed gear bicycles are supposed to help people who want to develop a better pedal stroke.
Single-speed bikes are excellent for city riding, not need skills, most people benefit from their ease of use.
They are great for cruising around the streets or training. It’s easy to discount the fixed-gear craze as a hipster drivel. These bikes fit the bill, but not flashy enough to attract thieves.
Take a closer look at the 8 Best Single Bikes the market currently has to offer. Those bikes are some of the fun and responsive bikes worth every dime. Also, you can put front and rear fenders or hangers.
Best Single-speed Fixed Gear Bikes Reviews
1. Golden Cycles Single Speed Fixed Gear Bike
The Golden Cycles’ goal has always been to get people riding bicycles comfortably and safely. With this single-speed fixed gear bike, you will have invested in one of their classic models you will love every day. It comes with a sturdy build with steel and a fully welded fork, exceptional for commuting. Its flip-flop hub is a standout feature for any experienced rider or an ordinary commuter. You can quickly shift the gears from a stop or even when riding up a steep hill hassle-free.
The 1 1/8″ neck headset handlebar with alloy riser bars is great for laid back and casual riding. This model is also attractive and features a 45mm alloy rims hub excellent for cycling on different surfaces. With this model, you will have invested in solid and robust Kenda bike tires with fantastic front and rear brakes. Riding through the city is more straightforward and comfortable on this model as you can stop with much ease. The brakes are pretty responsive and will not expose you to any danger. The front radius forged alloy pedals make it easy to brake and backward when turning or stopping. This is a one-of-a-kind Golden Cycles model that all can enjoy.
- Steel frame and fork: the model comes equipped with steel and a fully welded frame to offer enough support to withstand all conditions. Plus, it has a 1 1/8 “steel fork to add more support while making the bike durable.
- Wheel and tire system: the bike provides a smooth ride because it features 45mm alloy rims and 700c tires. In addition to the rims, it has flip flop hubs allowing you to change the rear tire to either support a single speed or fixed gear settings. Besides, it is equipped with 700c Kenda tires to ensure a smooth ride when you are going out.
- Amazingly, this model comes in various colors and sizes, giving you a chance to choose your perfect color. Also, it is designed in multiple sizes, and you can select the size that will suit your needs and preferences.
- It is designed with a flip-flop hub to allow you to switch to a single-speed or fixed gear.
- Durable tires
- It comes in a variety of colors and sizes
- Has custom riser handlebar
- Easy to ride
- It has cheap tires and pedals
- Uncomfortable seat
2. 6KU Aluminum Fixed Gear Single-Speed Fixie Urban Track Bike
No worries if you are low on budget, and have to fix your fitness or track needs in the as low budget as possible. The 6KU Aluminum Fixed Gear Urban Track Bike is available in the best affordable price range.
You can get this bike in $250. This fixed gear track bike is affordable for all. Catering the kids, and adults single-handedly, this bike is giving a wide range of sizes to choose from.
If you are a style freak and looking to get a head turner bike, then with a wide range of sizes and colors, the Fixie is there for you! Keeping the black color in common the fixie is available in 4 different colors, all set to rock exclusively as per your personality.
This bike is extremely easy to assemble, and anyone with a little knowledge of assembly can do it perfectly. It’s rear and front brakes are easy to remove, and the ride is super smooth and swift.
The geometrical framing of this bike ensures upright and easy positioning of the rider. With such framing, this is lightweight one-speed bike that is of good quality and fulfills all the basic needs of the rider excellently.
3. GOLDEN Road-Bicycles Golden Fixie
This is another standout single-speed road bike from Golden Cycles you will, without a doubt, fall in love with. Every component on this bicycle is incredible and built to withstand many years of daily use. It’s a great model for commuting, distance riding, track, and exercising. People of all heights can ride this fixie, and you can choose from sizes 41cm to 64cm. It comes with a high tensile steel frame and a tig-welded fork, making riding much easier. The bike is relatively stable, and your riding instincts, reactions, and other distinctive capabilities get better with time. It’s an ideal model for riding around the city with ease.
With this GOLDEN road golden fixie, you don’t have to worry about riding all day long or daily commuting. The 700c and 25 Kenda pedals improve cadence and get more even with time. The Kenda pedals are light and great for a very steady rhythm, making it easy to speed up very quickly. Your moves will become faster and fluid as you pedal through the neighborhoods. This model also comes with an incredible chainring crank and sealed bearing that guarantee improved drivetrain efficiency. The gear work is smoother, and you can feel it when pedaling. And with the alloy riser handlebars, it’s easy to handle the bike and move as quickly as you wish without any worries. Go for this fixie if you want to increase your strength, build muscles, and enjoy everyday cycling.
- Durable frame and fork: the bike is durable because it is made from steel, making it withstand all rough roads. Worry not if the road has holes or bumps because the bike won’t bend or break. With this bike, you can use it on roads that require maintenance.
- Wheel and tire system: thanks to the alloy rims, which prevent them from bending when you cycle over potholes. This makes the bike handle rough roads. Additionally, the flip-flop hub helps keep the tires intact to ensure smooth riding.
- Great crank: for easy pedaling, the bike comes with an alloy crank. The crank helps you to keep your energy up and pedal with ease. Plus, it requires less maintenance and more riding since you don’t have to worry about the chain locking up.
- Lightweight and durable
- Ease to assemble
- Ideal for rough roads
- Ease to use
- The pedals are made from plastic
- Tubes tend to go flat easily
4. Retrospec Mantra V2 Single Speed Fixed Gear Bicycle
Stand out in a way you wish with this hand-built, tig-welded, and high tensile steel frame bicycle. It offers an impeccable way to switch between riding fixed-gear and single-speed with freewheel easily. Keep in mind that with this bike, single speeds coast, and when the wheels are moving, the pedals will keep moving. You will have a great bike to ride around town whenever you wish. The gear drivetrain is perfectly built to satisfy such purposes, and it’s easy to maintain. With the standout cartridge bearing hubs with a flip-flop hub, you will find it easy to switch between the gears.
This Retrospec bike also comes with Kenda 28C tires platform pedals to improve your riding experience. The tires are designed with fine-quality material and feature deep-V alloy rims with well-built brake tracks. And with the Promax dual-pivot caliper brakes, you will enjoy better stopping power even when riding on different terrains. Don’t have any reservations about choosing this bike if you have been looking for increased efficiency when riding. The alloy crank chain wheel makes it easy to transfer energy as you enjoy forward and backward riding. Satisfyingly, with time, you will feel attached to this bicycle.
- Durable frame and tires: the bike is constructed from sturdy and lightweight material. If you ride your bike daily, then this will be a perfect bike since it is light. Thanks to the Kenda tires, which are known for smooth edges with great traction. You can use it for both dry and wet roads.
- Variety of design and sizes: Interestingly, you can customize it to suit your needs and preferences with this bike. It also comes in different sizes and colors. You can choose a bike to fit other age groups. The sizes range from 43 cm to 61 cm.
- Excellent braking system: the bike comes with dual brakes, which make your riding precise. Additionally, it helps you control the bike firmly. It is ideal for beginners as it has some improvements. It is equipped with both front and rear brakes that control the handles.
- Lightweight and durable
- Easy to switch the rear-wheel
- Require less or no maintenance
- Stylish design
- It comes in a variety of designs and sizes
- Ideal for all-weather
- The pedals are flimsy
- Not suitable for hardcore fixed-gear riders
- To shift between fixed-gear and single-speed, you must change the tire.
5. Schwinn Stites Fixie Adult Commuter Road Bike
Schwinn bikes are the number one choice among many riders and commuters. This Schwinn Stites comes in unique matte black, a great color that will fit into your style and personality. The bike is of spectacular quality for its selling price, and every component stands out. It features the famous Schwinn steel racing frame and fork for an agile and reliable ride on different road surfaces. The well-constructed frame is great for riding comfort and easier to pedal. And with the single-speed drivetrain featuring a versatile flip-flop hub, you will rest assured of convenient fixed-great capabilities.
This Schwinn Stites fixie comes with high-profile alloy rims that are light and strong enough for day-to-day riding. They offer stability and durability when pedaling in traffic and for long-distance. You don’t have to fret about the stopping power of your fixie, as it features dual alloy caliper brakes that supply crisp all-condition. The Schwinn urban seat and grips offer added comfort while adding sleek to the distinctive style. Most importantly, the bike gives you a no-frills cycling experience and provides a lightweight and faster commute each day.
- Steel frame and fork: the frame is made from steel to offer stability to the bike. In addition, it has a road fork that makes the bike stable on all surfaces.
- Caliper brakes: with the help of these brakes, you can use this bike in all kinds of weather conditions. Plus, it has a single-speed drivetrain and flip-flop hub ensures you have fixed gear capability.
- Urban sear: to ensure comfort while riding the bike, it comes with urban sear and grip. This feature provides you with an urban style.
- Stylish design
- Easy to assemble
- Suitable for all weather conditions
- It comes in various sizes and colors
- Plastic chain cover which interferes with the chain
- Brake pads tend to squeal
- A bit pricey
6. 6KU Fixed Gear Single Speed Urban Fixie Road Bike
The 6KU is a dream single-speed fixed gear bike and one of the favorite things to own today. It’s a unique model that can grow with you, and it’s budget-friendly. With this model, you will cruise down the roads stress-free as it’s a standout bicycle. This fixie is well-built for short commutes and quite comfortable. It comes with a frame and fork balanced with a relaxed geometry, and you would be worried about riding on rough roads. The size of this bike is also fantastic and will satisfy all your riding needs. You don’t have to worry about what size frame you need, even if you are in-between sizes.
Common sizes are 49cm/5’1” to 5’4” for small models, 52cm/ 5’4” to 5’8” for medium types, 55cm/5’8”-5’11” for large ones, and 58cm/5’11”-6’4” for extra-large models. Your 6KU fixie also features a freewheel with a flip-flop hub that allows you to change the way you wish to ride every day. As you ride around your neighborhood or streets, you will be in instant control and enjoy these adventures pedaling, coasting, and freewheeling at your will. Speed is not fun without control, and this is what the riser handlebars provide. They give the agile handling you yearn for riding any race bike. Significantly, this bicycle model offers everything you need. It’s easy and quick to assemble with the right tools and maintenance.
- Synthetic leather saddle: everyone wants to have a great riding experience, which is determined by the bike’s comfort. First, the bike’s saddle is made from the synthetic saddle, giving the bike a great look and helps you with the bike with ease.
- Wheel and tire system: the product comes with 30mm alloy wheels making it light to handle. Thanks to the double-wall rims, which enhance the wheel stability while giving a cushion for your ride. The 700 X 25C tires make the bike lighter and keep the long ride comfortable and fun.
- Variety of colors: this 6KU Fixed Gear Single Speed Urban Fixie Road Bike comes in a variety of colors including, white/black, navy blue/black, black/black, and yellow/ black. It provides multiple color options to choose from.
- It has a comfortable seat
- Give a smooth ride
- It comes in various colors and sizes
- It is designed with Kenda tires
- It has plastic pedals
- It has a narrow handlebar
7. Schwinn Kedzie Single-Speed Fixie
As you compare the different Schwinn road bike models on the market, don’t have any doubts about picking the Schwinn Kedzie. It’s head and shoulders above many other bicycle models on the market. Every component that this bike comes with will leave you in awe and wondering why you waited too long to get it. This includes the Schwinn steel racing frame and fork for reliable and responsive city riding. It’s a true fixed-gear bike model featuring a single-speed drivetrain with a matchless flip-flop hub that propels it.
The 700c wheels with great 32H alloy rims will guarantee strength and better performance when commuting in different terrains. Thanks to the top-quality caliper brakes, you will have a bike great for busy street riding. It offers great stops while comfortably seating on the urban seat. And if you are looking for a stylish model, the Kedzie comes in matte red and blue. With this road bike, you will fundamentally change your commuting experience.
- Sturdy steel frame and fork: this bike comes with a lightweight and durable steel frame and fork. You don’t need to worry about the frame bending when it hits hard things, and it remains solid throughout the riding. Apart from durability, you can carry the bike up or downstairs.
- Easy to switch between gears: it comes with a single gear to switch between single gear and fixed gear. The flip-flop hub makes it easy to change when on various roads; single gear is ideal for flat roads.
- Easy to assemble: you need to install some components to the bike. Amazingly, it comes with the necessary tools. Since it is easy to assemble, you don’t need to seek professional help.
- Durable and lightweight
- Great for all flat-road surfaces
- Easy to ride
- Stylish design
- It has an uncomfortable seat
- Brakes are not ideal for downhill
- Difficult to assemble
8. P3 Cycles Track Aluminum Single Speed Fixie Urban Bike
In your search for the best single-speed fixed gear bikes, you won’t go wrong with the P3 Cycles track aluminum single-speed fixed urban bike. P3 bicycles are well-designed and built to be a reliable and best alternative for urban commuting. Your desire to ride around the city will spur you to pick this model. The simplicity of the bike makes a top-pick among many riders. It comes with a rigid, lightweight, and shock absorbent aluminum frame that makes it easy to transfer power to the pedals for efficient cycling.
This fixie is a simple design yet durable and easy to maintain. With the flip-flop hub, you have the opportunity to decide how to ride around the city. You don’t have to worry about the stopping power of your P3 fixie, even when speeding in traffic. The front and rear caliper brakes are a standout feature and require little maintenance. Feel free to pick this single-speed bike and join the cycling community. You will enjoy the value of your money and every cycling moment.
- Simple and durable design: the product has a simple and durable design allowing you to maintain it easily. With the help of a flip- flop hub enables you to ride the bike without using much effort.
- Lightweight frame: what you will love about this bike is its lightweight design, making you use less energy riding or carrying up and downstairs. The frame is made from aluminum to ensure the bike doesn’t bend when hit over hard things.
- Caliper brakes: the bike comes with dual brakes to ensure your riding is smooth. Without worrying about how rough the road tends to be, this bike provides comfort while riding. If you are a beginner, this bike can suit you since it is easy to stop when needed.
- Lightweight frame
- Durable tires
- It is equipped with a flip-flop hub
- Ideal for beginners
- Require less or no maintenance
- Easy to assemble
- Brakes tend to break
- The chain is not ideally fit
- Handlebars are made of plastic
9. State Bicycle Co Pulsar Single Speed 29er Mountain Bike
Pulsar Single Speed 29er Mountain Bike is the best single speed mountain bike available in the market right now. This bike is well equipped with all the necessary high-quality components.
First of all, this bike has an exclusive geometrical framing that is uniquely designed by the esteemed artist, Dustin Klien. The design of this mountain bike beautifully integrates graphics in the whole body frame.
There are two models of this mountain bike, one is rigid bike and the other is hardtail. The distinctive features are the availability of upgraded brakes, crank, and front suspension in the Deluxe.
Both models are single geared. For an easy conversion of to geared bike, cable guides hardware is additionally provided in the packaging.
Here is a catch, all the mighty features that this mountain bike has to offer come at an expensive price. But it surely worth the expense. As all such bikes are four-times more expensive than this one, with the same quality.
As the rush and enthusiasm of the cyclists have increased to rode the bike in such difficult terrains, so are the prices of the mountain bikes have peaked. Nevertheless, this bike still falls in affordable range.
10. Fortified City Commuter Theft-Resistant Single Speed Bike
For everyone out there looking to get a high-quality bike, adorned with great features, this bike is another good option to have. The Fortified Theft-Resistant City Commuter Single Speed Bike is one of the best commuter bike available in the market.
This bike suits perfectly for an experienced commuter as well as to a newbie. This single speed hybrid bike has just been featured on top FOX, NPR, and CNBC, and has held the position of being top most talked bike for this year. Well, surely a much-deserved achievement.
With a surety of smooth, swift, and theft resistant ride on the road, this bike is a definite option to ride in the cyclocross. It has puncture resistant tires that restrain the tires from being flat.
Surely a sigh of relief for all the cross competitors. This black beauty is superbly stylish and its geometrical framing is specifically designed to cater the commuter.
Adding another great feature in the list, this bike is rust- resistant and has a body of aluminum with an extremely easy to handle the weight. It’s rust free feature is best suited for the urban style.
In my opinion, this bike is all set to give the swift ride on the city roads.
11. State Bicycle Co Fixed Gear Fixie Single Speed Bike
The State Bicycle Co. are famous for their exclusive range of fixed gear bikes and single speed bikes, that are immensely unique, and produce in limited quantity. These bicycles are produced in a wide range of colors. Its availability in such an amazing lost of color palette ranging from subtle to sparkling makes it easily customizable.
Talking about the strong framing, the Chromoly frame (a kind of steel) is superbly lightweight. And the framing exceeds in quality from any other highly tensile steel framing. The handlebars, Bullhorns bar are made of aluminum alloy and are wrapped up with long lasting tape.
Both front and rear brakes are available in the set and ride at a smooth pace with a front brake. Their limited production surely makes the owner a proud rider of his own, exclusive bike, truly depicting his distinctive style and aesthetic approach to colors.
Overall, this is the single most attractive, aesthetically appealing, and a high-quality bike to ride on. Such a smooth and swift ride on the road at such an affordable price surely makes it a popular pick by enthusiastic bikers. With so many great features its best single speed track bike available in the market.
12. SE Bikes Draft Lite Single Speed Bike
Noting that down, the SE Bikes Draft Lite Single Speed Bike is 1 speed bike that has all the great features jumbled up in one product. This bike is an urban track inspired cycle that is not only stylish but also durable, strong and lightweight.
Whether you are a city commuter, a competitor, a fitness freak, or a cyclist enthusiast, it’ll be a perfect choice for anyone. This appreciatively cool bike is particularly attractive for the young lads in their 20s.
The 28mm tyres remove some of the harshness but there’s no life in the frame. But anything bigger than pebbles your probably be hit because the bike is on-road.
13. Pure Fix Original Fixed Gear Single Speed Fixie Bike
An ultimately fashionable and chic look, with a comfortable upright seating position and strong frame, this Pure Fix Original Fixed Gear Single Speed Fixie Bike is definitely a women’s choice. Fixie bike is specifically attractive for a city commuter, and every bike enthusiast who wants a combo of fashion and quality.
It’s elegantly simple geometrical frame is made of high tensile steel (fully welded), giving it strength and durability. It offers a wide range of framing options, gearing choices, geometrical approaches, and colors.
This bike allows an extremely easy shift from single speed to fixed gear with the availability of flip-flop back wheel. The only issue is with the seat, as the seat is quite comfortable and soft but it is not very suitable for long distance destinations.
If you’re a simple guy that wanted a simple bike for a simple transportation go to school, this urban single speed performs well on campus and around the city!
14. Critical Cycles Classic Fixed-Gear Single-Speed Track Bike
Well, one of the most affordable tracks back and fully loaded with all the must-have features, Critical Cycles Classic single gear road bike is great for all. The fixie bikes for sale cheap prices has made the lives of newbies and those who can’t afford expensive bikes.
This bike is built for track and training with 700x23c tires. Bullhorn bars not only give you room, but the horns allow you to move even further up and forward when climbing giving the rider the best possible leverage when pedaling uphill.
This posture encourages you to ride hard and fast and more aerodynamically, while narrower tires reduce rolling resistance and riding fixed encourages faster acceleration.
The whole look of this track bike is alluringly attractive. Its frame has all you need, horizontal drop outs, water bottle mounts, BMX pedals, bullhorn handlebars, and others.
It is pretty lightweight, but not that much. But it sure feels solid and quality wise great.
With an optimization of urban riding style, this single gear road bike is perfectly equipped with V rims and easy flip-flop back wheels that allows the shift from single speed into fixed gear smooth.
On the whole, this track bike is all set to charmingly makes its mark on the roads. In such a cheap price and discount, this bike is sure a must have.
15. Gravity 650b Single Speed Disc Brakes Mountain Bike
If a bike is available at an exceedingly affordable price, then it surely is a dream come true. There are a few fundamental points that must be fulfilled including smooth speed, upright positioning, comfortable seat, extremely capable brakes, power and its lightweight.
Here, Gravity 27.5 Single Speed Disc Brakes Mountain Bike has all such advantages mount up in a single bike. This is one of the best single speed mountain bikes that have highly beneficial geometrical framing. And it isn’t very heavy which makes it extremely easy to handle and operate.
If you are a big fan of 650b bikes, then this Gravity 27Five is superbly suitable for you. Comparing it with other bikes available in the market, this one has surely stood up to the mark and showed a great many features against them. One of the basic crucial thing for a biker is the effectiveness of the bike on the road.
With the availability of highly functional Disc brake, this bike has an incredible stopping power. Such brakes allow the bike rider to apply way lesser force than usual till bike comes in halt position.
This bike has kids’/women’s size range available, making it generally suitable for everyone. The front suspension fork is not that great for rocks, but with such a cheap price, this is more than enough.
On the whole, this bike delivers a baggage full of a great many features in such an affordable price.
What to Consider when Buying Best Single-Speed Fixed Gear Bikes
With so many fixed-gear bike brands on the market, it may be challenging to choose what suits your needs and preferences. If you are looking for the best single-fixed gear bike, you need to keep in mind these factors to help you choose a bike that will make your riding experience fun and enjoyable.
The first thing to consider when buying a fixed gear bike is the frame. The fixed-gear bike is similar to a road bike with a frame made from steel, aluminum, and carbon fiber. You need to choose a bike with a lightweight and sturdy frame. That will ensure you feel comfortable while riding through curbs and holes.
To provide you control your bike firmly, you need to understand the type of handlebar that will suit you. You will notice that this type of bike is designed in different styles, i.e., straight handlebar and drop-down style handlebar.
Although most people tend to assume a fork, it provides maximum stability to the bike. It is constructed from steel or aluminum, and you can sweep it forward slightly to give an ideal position for the bike.
Saddles of fixed gear bikes come in varieties. The saddle of this type of bike tends to be more comfortable when compared to others. Additionally, you can adjust the saddle’s angle depending on your body size.
Another essential thing to consider is the sealed flip-flop hub which helps keep the bike free from dirt and moisture. With the help of these hubs, you can easily switch between gears.
The pedals also help in maintaining the speed of your bike. You can consider flat platform style pedals because it is easier to handle.
Last and not least is the bike size. You need to know that too big or too small a bike interferes with your pedaling and steering efficiency. To ensure you control the bike fully, you need to buy the correct size.
Single-speed Fixed Gear Bikes FAQ
Is a single gear bike good?
Yes! a single gear is a great bike as it requires less maintenance because of its simple design. Its lightweight feature makes it ideal for commuting and storage. Plus, you can carry the bike whenever you want to, like up or down the stairs. Another great feature is mechanical simplicity because it doesn’t come with shifters, cogs, and derailleur.
Which is better: fixed gear or single speed?
It can be challenging to choose between a single-speed and fixed-gear bike. A single-speed bike is great for coasting, while a fixed-gear bike doesn’t. On the other hand, a fixed-gear bike is more affordable than a single-speed. Additionally, it is made from great materials.
A fixed gear bike is better than a single-speed because it requires less maintenance. For regular riding, you can prefer this bike.
Why are fixies so expensive?
Single-speed fixed gear bikes cost around $300 because they have sturdy and durable frames. It tends to be expensive because it comes with extra features such as comfortable saddles, dual brakes, flip-flop hubs, and cushioned handlebars.
Are fixies dangerous?
You may be wondering how dangerous fixies are, but it all depends on how you ride them. You need to be careful when riding a fixed-gear bike. If your fixie doesn’t have brakes may find it difficult to stop when you face sudden corners and turns. Make sure you keep pedaling when you are riding. It is not ideal for beginners.
Are fixies bad for your knees?
It is not true that fixies cause knee problems. Any physical activity can put wear and strain on your knee joints. It can cause damage if you have a pre-existing condition and you overwork yourself. Also, if you ride in a poor position, then it may damage your knees.